Thursday, July 3, 2008

Turtles All The Way Down

I recently had the thought of doing a post on infinite regress. In fact, I felt I had stumbled upon the perfect idea to describe exactly what it was. After a little web searching, as luck would have it I found that this notion was already in another blog post. It was such a fantastic exposition of infinite regress in fact, that if the concept is fuzzy to you now, after studying that post a little things will become crystal clear. I can not emphasize enough that you must immediately go there and read it, starting at the top.

By the way, if you followed my advice and still made it this far, I guess that is the difference between a computer and a human. Somehow humans have learned to do a decent job avoiding the trap of the halting problem in most circumstances.

2 comments:

  1. My head asplode! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See also http://memeparty.com/i/2eb21cac1ae7747de2263e8901b45ef5.jpg

    ReplyDelete