Saturday, September 27, 2008

$300 Unicycle Trumps $60000 Lotus

This happened a while ago, but the story recently came up in conversation and is maybe worth a funny share. For a long time, there was this fancy Lotus dealership just a few blocks down the street from where I work. These cars are pretty wild looking and come in some crazy colors...definitely eye turners.


On one particular morning when I was peddling into work on my unicycle, I had the serendipity to ride past one of these Loti driving down the street in the opposite direction. And I wish I could have videotaped the slowed driving and jaw dropped, head following reaction of the driver as we cruised on by each other. I'm telling you (somewhat seriously)...if you're having a midlife crisis and want people to look at you, meet that need for 0.5% of the cost of the traditional approach by learning to ride a unicycle!

Anyway, my friend Aj has a yearly ride in San Antonio for his birthday. Last year there were 11 riders, but last Sunday we reached critical mass with 18. I like riding in the big groups because I'm not much of a ham, so it feels like I'm getting to ride incognito for a change. It seems the only good camouflage for a unicyclist is more unicyclists. Here are some photos from the ride...


No comments:

Post a Comment